If you do a search on google with the words 100 Things About Me, you’ll find people talking about themselves in a big way.
So I thought I’d give it a try. Some go 100 down to 1 and some start with 1 and go to 100, doesn’t matter which way you do it…it’s the sharing of it that matters.
It feels sorta funny to create a list like this. What do I want people to really know about me? But I decided to just go for it – so here it is.
I may change this list when I feel like it. If you want to share your own list with me, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. I’m an artist
2. I always wanted to be an artist for as long as I can remember.
3. I’m a computer nerd too.
4. I married at 43.
5. I became a widow at 46.
6. I feel one’s spirit lives forever.
7. I know life is a gift.
8. I know how fragile peoples emotions are.
9. I’ve learned lessons and made mistakes but try not to repeat the mistakes.
10. I am a nature child.
11. I like to watch hummingbirds.
12. I dream of living by the sea and being a painter AND a potter when I’m old.
13. I need to dig my hands in the soft earth when the weather turns warm.
14. I like to grow sunflowers and sweet peas.
15. I love road trips and travel.
16. I want to get better at speaking spanish.
17. I learned to snorkel at 50.
18. I’m a late bloomer.
19. I backpacked around Europe at 36.
20. I moved to New York City to live in the big apple at 37.
21. I felt New York get smaller and smaller the longer I lived there.
22. I moved to Portland, Oregon in 2000 and felt relief being in the NW again.
23. I’m an optimist.
24. I never thought Y2K would bring disaster.
25. I like sci fi.
26. I drew castles and alien creatures as a teenager.
27. Kandinsky and Miro are two of my fav artists.
28. We had a lot of abstract art in our house growing up.
29. My mom painted our dining room turquoise.
30. I like to try different food diets. The latest was a 7 day raw food diet.
31. I like to challenge myself.
32. Dark chocolate and cashews are my fav treats.
33. I’ve learned one needs to reward oneself.
34. My favorite book is Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver.
35. I’m inspired by words, lyrics, poetry and sayings.
36. I once cut all my hair off at 30.
37. I called it a power haircut.
38. I feel more myself with long hair.
39. I’d like to have a long gray braid down my back when I’m an old woman.
40. I love dangly earrings and wrist bangles.
41. My mom says we have portuguese gypsy in our blood.
42. My fav male singer is Van Morrison.
43. I listen to Van’s music when I paint.
44. I wish I had a large, uncluttered studio.
45. I like having a studio outside my home.
46. My current studio is inside our house and also our guest room.
47. I’m a bit afraid of airplanes.
48. I only fly to get somewhere.
49. I once had panic attacks at 30.
50. I learned meditation and relaxation techniques.
51. I know fear is the mind killer.
52. I understand everyone has a dark side.
53. I’ve studied dreams and symbolism.
54. I relate to Carl Jung’s work.
55. One time I wanted to be an art therapist.
56. One time I was in grad school to be an art therapist.
57. I decided I’d rather be a fine artist.
58. I volunteered in a cancer ward when I lived in Portland.
59. My husband died of colon cancer at 45.
60. Both my grandmothers died of colon cancer.
61. My favorite place as a youngster was a big field on my great grandparents farm.
62. I used to pick wild flowers and run my dog, Deja, there.
63. My dog got hit by a car when I was 17.
64. I now own two border collies, Cody and Belle.
65. I now live with the love of my life, Greg.
66. I quit my full time job in advertising in Nov. 2008 to be a full time painter.
67. I believe in synchronicity.
68. I tell people to read The Power of Flow.
69. My home is neat, but my drawers messy.
70. I don’t like being told what to do.
71. I’ve been told I’m stubborn.
72. I’ve been told I’m nice.
73. When I was young, I hated being called nice, now I embrace it.
74. I believe you really never know another person, but you can get pretty close.
75. I believe change happens.
76. I believe change is good and helps us grow.
77. I love hand colored black and white photography.
78. I love going to galleries and art museums.
77. I get inspired by other artists.
78. I love Irish accents.
77. My sweetie has Irish blood – he does a killer rendition of an Irish accent.
78. I once lived in a tiny mother-in-law cottage for 5 years.
79. It was behind another house and had a huge backyard, a vegetable garden, fruit trees and blackberry bushes along the fence. I loved that place.
80. I’ve always wanted to do a long bicycle trip and camp out.
81. I had an idea for a movie. People age, get to a certain point and then start getting younger. They’re called uppers and downers. It’s a love story. An upper falls in love with a downer.
82. I have other ideas for movies.
83. I’m writing a Moonheadmama story book.
84. My favorite color is mediterranean green.
85. I use more yellow in my paintings than other colors.
86. I love peace signs and the ying yang symbol.
87. I’ve been to about a dozen Grateful Dead concerts.
88. I have a dancing bear bumpersticker on my truck. It’s blue.
89. I have a painting series called the Blue Mountain series.
90. I love hiking and camping.
91. Of which I give credit to my dad for taking us hiking and camping as kids.
92. I had a teddy bear named Brownie and a doll named Baldy when I was little.
93. I used to pretend I was a Native American when I was 8.
94. I own a tipi now.
95. My animal totem is a wild prancing horse. According to http://www.whats-your-sign.com horses symbolize power, grace, beauty, nobility, strength and freedom
96. The spiral is my personal symbol.
97. I like wind chimes and anything twinkly.
98. I collected stuffed rabbits and toy horses as a kid.
99. I collect feathers now.
100. I may change this list when I get tired of it.