Wouldn’t you like to be a happy person? I know I do.
I’ve been thinking about happiness lately as I’ve been affected by the state of politics in the world.
I’ve felt anger, bitterness, sadness, disbelief and more! Not a lot of positivity in some of these feelings. Maybe you’ve felt some of these too?
So I thought I would make a printable PDF for you to download that might help you find your happiness factor.
It’s titled “How to become the happy person you are meant to be.” I try to do a lot of the things on this list daily! I hope it helps inspire you. And if you’re feeling down, may it help you implement some of the suggestions to lift your spirit!
Foremost, engage in those things that
make you feel happy.
• Surround yourself with positive, upbeat friends.
• Keep a gratitude journal to remind yourself of how grateful you are.
• Set an intention and then follow through.
• Stop reading negative, upsetting news online.
• Go outside and be in nature.
• Learn to say no and mean it.
• Watch some funny tv shows that make you laugh.
• Get engrossed in a good book.
• Help someone else. Make a donation of time, money or items you don’t need.
• Read an inspiring quote every day or say positive affirmations.
• Stop comparing yourself to other people.
• Learn to accept your body and love yourself just the way you are!
• Forgive others and move on by not dwelling on the past.
• Take a day off and do only the things you love to do.
• Have a tea party and invite some friends over.
• Be mindful, slow down, and notice the little things in life.
• Beautify your surroundings with colorful, uplifting art or a fragrant bouquet of flowers.
• Ask for a hug and give a hug to someone else.
• Spend time with a pet and care for them.
• Spread kindness by doing something nice for someone like buying them flowers
or doing a chore they don’t like doing.
• Take a new class, or try something you’ve never done before.
• Look in the mirror everyday and tell yourself how much you love and appreciate yourself.
• Engage in a hobby you love such as writing, music, painting, sewing, photography or hiking.
• Take things lightly and laugh often!
• Go for a massage or have a spa day at home.
• Have the courage to find out the truth.
• Exercise and get the body moving!
• Listen to your favorite songs.
• Indulge yourself in something you’ve always wanted to do or have.
• Bite into that piece of dark chocolate you’ve been craving.
• Practice meditation.
• Chant “Sat nam”. Learn about this powerful mantra used in practicing Kundalini Yoga at
• Claim adventure.
• Spend some quiet time with yourself, reflecting on good things and being grateful!
Repeat this affirmation every day:
I am supported by what I love. I live in abundance.
I feel peace and happiness flowing effortlessly in my life.
And if you are looking for more positive affirmations, check out these great cards that can help you stay uplifted and on a positive track!
A DIY positive affirmations card deck to help you commit to the possibility of your dreams! By saying affirmations and acknowledging where you want your life to lead, you will truly create a shift in your life. It will help you move toward creating the life you want to live!