Transforming my art studio

I was going to do a post about 2011 and my story about getting to where we are now in Prescott, AZ but then I decided nope, I’m going to start blogging about today, right now. Sorry the story is getting a skip in it since I haven’t been writing much lately. But just know that things are straightening themselves out and I’m getting back on track with my art.

First thing up, getting my art studio ready to work in.

The below photo shows where it started after I tore off the yucky wood walls. I have to tell you the previous owners had about 18 cats. And my studio was cat central so you can imagine the smell. The wood walls had to go! Luckily we got the cat smell to disappear! It had us worried for a while but luckily there are products one can buy that get rid of the odor for good. And it did.

Studio1

I have a lot of stuff to put in this studio and it’s just waiting to get organized.

My studio is in the basement but the skylights bring in nice light! I like the big windows.

Studio2

Today I finished plastering the walls. It came out pretty good. Next comes paint and some window sills and some shelving.

studio3Someday this room may get turned into a sunroom with lots of plants…but for now it’s my studio. This basement room is getting transformed into my art studio and I know I’m going to love it! I can’t wait to finish it so I can start working in it. I’ll show you more pics later.

6 thoughts on “Transforming my art studio

• January 23, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Your big new creative space looks like it is going to be heavenly to create in with those windows all around. Congratulations on your new home and new studio space.

Lee Ann

• January 24, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Yes, thank you all for commenting! I’m loving the light in my new studio. Although I’m wondering what it will be like in the summer so I’m getting some shades for the windows for when the sun gets to bright and hot!

• January 21, 2012 at 10:12 pm

And here is what just struck me: it’s so much closer to Baja!! You have good windows for it being in the basement. And I know hat cat smell – I loved my cats growing up, but the basement -they’d find places to – umm – relieve themselves when they thought the cat box didn’t suit them. We’d find it all and clean it up, but still, and when it rained, the smell never went away. Even I got sick of it. I can only admire my father’s restraint – because he did NOT love the cats.

• January 17, 2012 at 10:53 am

Love your space and the light! Can’t wait to see when its finished! And I know your arms must be sore after all that plastering! I did a whole 800 sq foot basement once… 3 coats! Had to cover some ugly paneling! 🙂