Some of My Favorite Etsy Shops

I was just reminded today that not everyone knows about Etsy.com. I was talking with someone and they hadn’t heard of it. So I explained what it was. I’m sure my enthusiasm was shining through because if you know me, you know I love browsing Etsy! It’s fun to see what other creative people are making!

Etsy.com is a place to find handmade items! It is the best place for finding all things unique and creative! To give as gifts or to just take a minute and be inspired by all the lovely items!

Go take a look yourself at http://www.etsy.com and you can see some of my fav shops below.

Etsy
lgrugerhanson

The feature I used on Etsy to create this widget is called a “mini”. If you log into your Etsy Account, scroll down and look under the “Promote” section where you see “Etsy Mini”. From there you can create a widge with either items from your shops or items of your farorites. You can pick how many columns and items to put into your widget. Then you can cut the code and paste it into your website or blog. For this WordPress blog the javascript code for websites and blogs didn’t work. So I used the Flash code which it says is used for social networking sites. So if one doesn’t work, try the other.

Another feature on Etsy is the “pounce” feature at http://www.etsy.com/pounce.php . It shows either just sold items on Etsy or shops that are waiting to make their first sale. If you want to make someone’s day, find a shop that hasn’t made a sale yet and be the first person to buy something from them! I think Pounce is a great feature and you can see a lot of cool stuff that way too.

Have fun!

6 thoughts on “Some of My Favorite Etsy Shops

• January 23, 2011 at 6:03 pm

what a delicious combo!
    love aimee always!
    love that embroidered bracelet!!
    ok, it’s silly to list each one..
    they are all delightful (like you, lindy!).
    xoxo

• January 21, 2011 at 4:01 am

If you want to display your followers without entering your password, try the Twitter Follower Widget

• January 19, 2011 at 3:18 pm

If we just didn’t have to sleep, then there would be more time to create! Ahhh, but alas… I take great joy in sleeping too so that wouldn’t work for me.

I love Etsy and purchased some Christmas presents from there this year. I always try to encourage people to buy handmade instead of mass produced and made in China using practically slave labor.

I like your fav’s!

• January 15, 2011 at 11:32 pm

I’d post my faves too if I could figure out how to do it. I can’t afford to spend much time hanging around that place – not because there are things I end up wanting to buy – which there certainly are – but because there are even more things I look at and want to make myself. It’s a curse.

• January 16, 2011 at 12:02 pm

K, I know what you mean about the curse of wanting to create things. There just isn’t enough time during the day to make everything I want to make!

That is a good idea. I should tell people how to create the widget. There’s also a feature called Pounce on Etsy I will tell folks about too.