"Meet Me at the Guardian Waters" Acrylic Painting

I know that snorkeling with the fish down in Baja inspired my new painting, “Meet Me at the Guardian Waters”.

I’ve been learning to snorkel for the past 2 years. We snorkeled in the Sea of Cortez when we camped for a few days down in Baja this year.  Although I’ve only been snorkeling a few times, I love being in the water and seeing underwater sea life. We’ve seen the most beautiful fish. Colorful ones, in lots of different sizes – some big angel fish and sting ray!

My fish in this painting although colorful are not as fancy as what I saw snorkeling. My painted fish are a bit trout-like.

I wanted to paint a family of fish with my aspen trees, with guardian trees looking over them.

Meet Me at the Guardian Waters“Meet Me at the Guardian Waters”
24″ x 30″
Acrylic on Board, Unframed
$750

Meet Me at the Guardian Waters detailDetail.

Water is a big part of our life. We love being near it, in it or on it. Greg and I love taking the dogs down to the river and hanging out. Or taking the boat out to one of the gorgeous mountain lakes around Bend. We like hiking along the river or mt. biking on the river trail. I knew fish and water would make their way into one of my paintings soon and they did.

“Meet Me at the Guardian Waters” Print available in my Etsy Shop. Enjoy!

6 thoughts on “"Meet Me at the Guardian Waters" Acrylic Painting

• September 6, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Hi – very good web site you have established. I enjoyed reading this posting. I did want to issue a comment to tell you that the design of this site is very aesthetically pleasing. I used to be a graphic designer, now I am a copy editor in chief for a marketing firm. I have always enjoyed playing with information processing systems and am attempting to learn code in my spare time (which there is never enough of lol).

• August 12, 2010 at 11:09 pm

K, R and B,
    Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I think I’d like to step into my painting and sit by these waters and look at fish swimming about. Meet me there will you and we can dangle our feet in cool waters? 🙂 Have a lovely weekend! ~ L.

• August 12, 2010 at 6:31 am

Your aspen paintings are amazing, Lindy. I did one a year or so ago and I fell in love with them, too, but I never took it any further. I have been enjoying the development of your paintings. The little flowers around the lake on this one are wonderful!

You inspire me to be true to the stuff that I see in my head. Keep it up, my friend!

• August 7, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Lindy, Lindy – how I love this one. Now there are two I wish I were rich enough to buy (HA – two?). Guy would LOVE to snorkel. He’s been a catch and release fisherman since he was a little guy. Did I tell you that a river runs at the back of our yard? And there are fish in it. I wish it were lined with your aspen/birches – and that a horse would run down the path on the other side, just once in a while.

You will laugh at me, but I have to tell you – one of the things I LOVE about this one is the placement of the fishes’ eyes. They are gentle and sweet (as all eyes should be). I want to make one of them into a charm, actually. Some day I’ll figure out how to do that, and make one and send it to you.

And another favorite thing will always be your use of color. I do love your vision.